Batch #9 | Zombie Dust Clone
Brew Day: 02/16/13
Original Gravity: 1.063
Final Gravity: 1.022
I love 3 Floyds Beers and I really wanted to try this recipe. I cant believe how much hops you put in it. (Ok its 3F i guess I can.)
Rating (1 - worst, 10 - best): 6
It was decent but I think it had a bit of a cardboard taste. I'm not sure why. I will try this again to try to get it right.
First Tasting on: 03/23/13
Zombie Dust Clone
This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be one's only respite after the zombie apocalypse.
- 6 lb Dry Malt Extract - Extra Light
- 1 lb American - Munich - Light 10L
- 0.5 lb German - CaraFoam
- 0.5 lb American - Caramel / Crystal 60L
- 0.5 lb German - Melanoidin
- 1 oz Citra (15 min)
- 1 oz Citra (10 min)
- 1 oz Citra (5 min)
- 1 oz Citra (1 min)
- 3 oz Citra (Dry hop: 7 days)
- 1 oz Citra (60 mins.)
- Safale - English Ale Yeast S-04
- Mash/Grains: Steep the grains in the mid 150s for 45-60 minutes.
- Boil: Bring wort to a boil and add 1 oz. of your citra hops.
- Boil: At 15 minutes, add another 1 oz. of your citra hops.
- Boil: At 10 minutes, add another 1 oz. of your citra hops.
- Boil: At 5 minutes, add another 1 oz. of your citra hops.
- Boil: At 1 minute, add another 1 oz. of your citra hops.
- Boil: Terminate your boil and chill your wort to 65F.
- Fermentation: Primary fermentation for 7 days at 65F.
- Fermentation: Rack into your secondary and dry hop 3 oz. of citra hops. Leave in your secondary fermentation for another 2 weeks at 65F.
As far as First Wort Hop / Steeping hops.... I would add them with around 10 min left in steep (before rinse), and put them in a different bag than the grain. Then you can leave them in for the whole boil.
Recipe Brewing History
brewed by tom on 03/23/13
||Rating: 6 / 10