Batch #4 | Blue Moon Clone
Brew Day: 10/06/12
Original Gravity: 1.037
Final Gravity: 1.01
I just got an activator pack of 3942 Belgian Wheat yeast. I am going to brew this tomorrow with that yeast. The Wyeast brochure says "Estery, low phenol producing yeast from [a] small Belgian brewery. Apple, bubble gum and plum aromas with a dry but fruity finish."
Rating (1 - worst, 10 - best): 7
I love fruity beers. I love wheat beers. This is heaven.
First Tasting on: 11/08/12
Blue Moon Clone
Awesome taste. Add a slice of orange and people will be asking how you bought a keg of Blue Moon.Distinctive, light wheat beer with a hint of spice. The head is very white and lasts a long time. This is a light, spicy session ale. Perfect for the summer.
- 4.50 lb Pale Malt Crisp (UK) (3.0 SRM)
- 4.50 lb Wheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM)
- 1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00%] (60 min)
- 0.75 oz Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 min)
0.75 oz Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 5.0 min)
- Mash/Grains: Mash In Add 3.50 gal of water at 165.9 F 154.0 F 60 min
- Mash/Grains: Mash Out Add 3.00 gal of water at 196.6 F 168.0 F 10 min
- Boil: Bring your wort to a boil and start your timer at 70 minutes.
- Boil: At 60 minutes, add 1.0 oz. Goldings, East kent hops.
- Boil: At 5 minutes, add 0.75 oz. corriander seed.
- Fermentation: Primary fermentation at 68F for 7 days
- Fermentation: Secondary fermentation at 68F for another 5 days.