Batch #3 | Dead Guy Clone
Brew Day: 10/07/12
Original Gravity: 1.066
Final Gravity: 1.022
Shoot for an IBU range of 30-35. My perle hops have been all over the map as far as AAUs go- I have some that are 9.3% and some that are 6.9%, so you may need to adjust these amounts.
Rating (1 - worst, 10 - best): 8
I am drinking this now and definetly one of my better batches. I will make this again.
First Tasting on: 11/12/12
Dead Guy Clone
A delicious brew my friend. Mmmmm.
- 4LBS LDME
- 1 pound Munich
- 1/2 pound crystal 40L
- 4lbs Alexanders Pale LME
- 1 pound Cara-Munich
- 1 oz perle 60 mins
- 1/4 oz perle 30 minutes
- 1/4 oz perle 5 mins
- 1/4 oz saaz 5 mins.
- 1 tsp Irish Moss 15 minutes or Whirlfloc
- Mash/Grains: Steep grains in a bag at 155 degrees for 30 minutes. Sparge with 1/2 gallon 170 degree water. Allow grains to drip into pot, but don't squeeze. Discard grains.
- Boil: Bring to a boil and add: 4lbs Alexanders Pale LME 4LBS LDME
- Boil: At 60 mins add 1 oz perle hops
- Boil: At 30 mins add 0.25 oz perle hops
- Boil: At 5 mins add 0.25 oz perle hops and 0.25 oz saaz hops
- Fermentation: Primary Fermentation 10 days @ 60F
- Fermentation: Secondary Fermentation 14 days @ 60F